Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Buggles.



So why the obscure 80's one-hit-wonder reference? As many of you may know, The Buggles, Video Killed the Radio Star, was the very 1st video to ever be played on MTV. I thought it was only fitting that I would use them as my 1st post on my blog. Much like video revolutionized the music industry, many feel that online sites, such as this blog, are revolutionizing print media.

Even though I belive the 'times they are a changing', I do not think print media is going to become extinct any time soon. Do they need to change with the times, absolutlely! Think outside the box and rethink their approach? Double absolutely! I feel people will always enjoy the tactile satisfaction of pouring over a magazine, but no longer limit their information source to this medium alone. Besides what would I read at the beach?


What do you think?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more Mr. Isbell. Print medium will never die! PS do you frequent the beach in Flanders?

Haute Decor said...

Megan. Thanks so much for your feedback. i agree that it probably wont die, but it needs to get with the times a bit more.

As for the beach, I much prefer the oasis of Orchard Beach, or the tranquility of Robert Moses.